Wednesday, November 15, 2006

To put one's money where one's mouth is

Mood: sweeeeeeeeeeet
Listening to: Sad Lisa - Cat Stevens
Drinking: yet another coffee (I'm a junkie!)


I almost forgot about that unpleasant evening now.
Remembrance drifts away and I hope I'll never see that nasty piece of work again.

Apparantly we found a 'replacement' for that dweeb formerly known as Louis Allenby. After lunch whe had an interview with Samuel Danby. He's from Oban, Scotland:

He is full-fledged with excellent references and certificates. (And I hope he'll provide us with Single Malt...) Besides that he seems to be nice and the interview was fun. I always like to test people's reactions and really relished that.
If everything goes well he'll take up employment next week. Cuddy has to agree of course.

After the interview I went back to my office and checked the symptoms of that obese guy again. Short thick neck, reduction in muscle tone of the soft palate, the uvula, and the pharynx. The upper airway is narrowed by enlarged tonsils and the patient suffers from hypoventilation, prolonged drowsiness, twitching, cyanosis, periodic breathing, secondary polycythemia (excessive red blood cells caused by low oxygen), and right sided heart failure.
Pickwickian Syndrome - of course. I was right.

I just told the ducklings what to do next when my phone rang. It was James.
"Hey, hun, how are the kids?" I asked with a grin.
"Um....erm...fine...I deliberate on a question."
"Ooooh, you deliberate on a question?"
He giggled. "Yes. Would it be possible for you to leave at 3 PM tomorrow?"
I checked my datebook. "No clinic duty, no nearly dying patient...I'd say it's possible."
"Fine!" he said and hung up.
Puzzled I looked at the handset. What was that?
I didn't have to ponder for long, 'cause a quarter of an hour later my door flung open and a beaming James entered my office. I looked at him from behind my desk and could not ask anything 'cause he immediately bent over the table and kissed me.
"Mrrrrmmmmmmmmmm", I launched out.
"What are you up to at December 9?", James asked me.
"Um....huh?"
He pulled me out of my chair and dragged me to the sofa where we sat down again. He pushed me back into the cushions and smiled at me.
"I just phoned the registrar of Point Pleasant..."
I just stared at him.
"He'll marry us on December 9th...We just have to show up at Point Pleasant tomorrow afternoon to deal with the bumf. Be sure to bring your identity card, certificate of birth and so on."
I had to brace myself not to break into song. So I just beamed at him.
"We...is that true?"
James nodded aglow with happiness and I was all smiles embracing him and holding him close.

I can't believe it.
We'll finally do it.
He really wants that.
I'm on top of the world and beam with pride and love.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

When you heard that he is from Oban your eyes were shining oh so bright ;)

November 16, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Ah...they did not!

November 16, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Of course they did. You just like single malt - no shame for it.

You always pour one or two (or so) if you have to think about something

November 16, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Okay....you're right.
I'm a drunkard, hm?

November 16, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

No you are not.

What would I be then? Going to bed - to think or just sitting there, headphones on and listening to some music, mind drifting away ... suffering from a strange African disease?!

It is just that everyone has his own kind of ... hmm... thinking.

November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home