Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wasn't there something?

Mood: Oops!

Um...yes...Happy Turkey Day!
Don't stuff your face too full with food, dear readers and stay at leat a piddling little bit sober.
It's Thanksgiving once again and we both totally forgot about it.
But surely we were reminded of that fact.
Not the way we would have wished to, but...at least reminded.

It was this very morning. We just got up, had breakfast and tried not to cuddle the whole time 'cause this caused a mess of toast-crumbs, butter, jam, peanut butter and so on at the table and our pajamas.
So I just buttered my toast and noticed Jim watching me.
Aaaaaah, my cuddly-wuddly cupcake! He's so sweeeet!

Absentminded he took a sip of his coffee and gazed at me.
"Is there something special we've planned for today?", he asked me.
"I don't know. Honey is empty, so we could try...", I began.
"Nah, I didn't mean that!", James cut me off with a sweet smile.
I shrugged and munched my toast. "Fhat day if it?" Mnch mnch mnch.
Jim frowned. "Ehm, must be Thursday, 23rd November. I have the feeling we've forgotten something."
"Hmmm, let me see...it is end of November, 'till X-mas there are still some weeks left", I said, still lazily munching my toast. But suddenly my eyes widened and my toast slipped out of my hand.
"What?!", Jim asked surprised.
"Oh my fucking God! It is Thanksgiving!", I exclaimed.

"Nooooo, this can't be ... this would mean our parents..." He stopped and gazed into thin air for a few seconds.
"Oh my God, Greg, you are right!", he then whispered and we both looked at each other in shock and disbelief.
"Did you...?", he began.
I shook my head. "You..?"
He answered in the negative.
FUCK!
Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light.


James stood up and walked through the kitchen like a hospitalized tiger in his cage.
"So what will we do now? They will be in Princeton...", he checked his watch and looked like a lovely little fraggle in despair, "in about five hours and we won't be at home."
I leaned back in my chair and pretended to ponder.
"We could ask Foreman to pin a note at the door 'House/Wilson moved to Europe!' or so?" (As I'm still angry with Chase I just thought of you again, Foreman - I'm sorry...)
James raised an eyebrow and didn't take me serious. "No good idea! Think about something else ..."
Why am I the only one who has to think about this?
He combed with his fingers through his hair and my heart jumped at this sight.
"Oh, you look so cute when you're doing this", I smiled at him and he concealed a grin.
"C'mon, just think!", he urged me.
Yay! Watch my transformation from sex-machine to thinking-machine...

I popped a Vicodin and sipped at my coffee.
"There are a few possibilities. First: We could move to Europe!"
James just rolled his eyes and didn't seem to be contented.
"Second: We could pretend having an emergency case in the hospital. What would mean we have to go there as well. Bad idea!", I continued and James nodded.
In the meantime he put his hands on his hips and I just wanted to get up and nearly suffocate him with a hug.
"Third: We could tell them the truth, that we have totally forgotten and got married without telling them!", I proposed with a smirk.
"Bad idea! Very bad one!", James cried.
"Or fourth: What about flying to Hawaii?" I smiled at him and waggled my eyebrows.
The thought of cocking a snook at our families suddenly was quite funny.

"All of them won't work they will find and kill us, I am pretty sure of that!"
James gnawed his lip and thought of other possibilities. I could see the little gears in his brain move. "Well there would be another option though...", he said unassertively, giving me an awkward side glance.
I pointed at him. "No, don't look at me like that. I know I'll hate your idea."
It was in vain...he approached and bent down to me, looking me straight in the eyes.
"We could invite them to come here..."
I pushed back my chair and stood up.
"I knew I'd hate it! This is our retreat, I... I don't want them here."

In that very second my mobile rang and I was love dazed enough not to have a look at the display.
"Yes? It's Dr. Wilson! With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking? Quick! Confess!"
James smiled at me and shook his head.
"Greg?! Is that you?!"
"Uh....hi, Mom!"
Rats! Why did I answer the phone?
James smile turned into a broad grin.
"You're sure you didn't take too many pills?"
"Mom...no...I didn't..."
She sighed. "Fine then...I think James will keep an eye on your Vicodin-consumption. But sweetie, Dad and I are about to leave here in two hours. When shall we be at your place?"
"Ehm..."
"Gregory House!"
Why was she pissed all over sudden?
"Mom?"
"You can't tell me you forgot about our visit?"
"Uh...erm...noooooo, of course not! But there's something we'll have to tell you...."
She sighed. "This is not true....is it? Don't tell me you already pushed him away!!! He's the best thing that could happen to you and if you really snafu that..."
"Mom, what are you talking about?"
Another sigh. This time it sounded relieved. "So he didn't leave you?"
I giggled. "No! He didn't leave me at all! Far from it!"
"Aaah, that sounds good, dear. You looked so sweet together..."
"Um...thanks...But I still have to tell you something. We're not at home."
"Yes, I thought you're working but I couldn't get through to you, so I phoned your mobile."
"No, we're not at PPTH..."
"..."
I waited.
"You're not at home at all?"
"Nope!"
"Where are you then?"
"Um...we're at Point Pleasant..."
"What on earth are you doing there?"
"Erm...just...sorta....getaway...We'll tell you when you're here. Could you please inform Ruth and Nathan as well?"
"Uhuuuh...fine...so we'll visit you there! Point Pleasant, nice."
We agreed to 5 pm and she hung up.

I lifted my eyes to meet Jim's. "You think we'll have to get dressed up?"
James rubbed his chin and nodded. "Of course. It's Thanksgiving. GOD! We'll have to go to the mall immediately! We need a turkey and all these things..."
I nodded. "I know", I sighed. "So...let's get dressed..."
But first we had a shower together which was a bit...prolonged.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

A bit prolonged ...hrrrmmmmm

Do you think we bought enough? Ah by the way - Have you found a place for them to stay?

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

I have. A cottage faaaaaaaaaaar away from our's.
Wait...was that RACHEL in that car outside? With dumbhead and Sean?

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

No, this can't be. My parents wouldn't be that mean!

November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor guys!

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Please help us out of this HELL!

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

It was Rachel, right?

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

What about escaping from here?

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Would make things even worse.
We still have to tell them we're already married...

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

You are right - what about getting drunk this night?

By the way who emptied the Sherry?

November 23, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Whoops,...was that me?
I'll drive to the mall and get a new bottle.
Getting drunk sounds fairly good!
If we start making out in front of them they'll soon be gone to their own cottages...

November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home