Friday, November 17, 2006

Flight to Boston

Mood: excited
Eating: Reuben Sandwich
Drinking: Coke


We're at Eric's appartment right now.
But from the beginning...

We just put our things in Jim's (boring) Volvo and started the engine when my mobile phone rang. I looked at the display - it was Cuddy. So I chose to ignore the call and rejected it.
I inserted the Killers album into the player, closed my eyes and relaxed.
"Who was that?", Jim asked as we left our street. (Our street! How does that sound, eh?)
I shrugged. "Dunno...there was no number...."
I felt his eyes on me and opened mine. "Don't you believe me?", I grinned.
He looked at me doubtfully. "Hmmmm....I'm not sure...."
"If it was something important, that person will call again, honey-toast", I smirked and he smiled.
"Honey-toast, huh?"
With a wink I asked "Would it be more convenient for you to be called Mr. or Dr. House?"
"Sounds good", he answered and concentrated on traffic. "But what about you being called Mr. or Dr. Wilson?"
"Ukk! Just think of all those poor patients who are told 'Your attending physician is Dr. Wilson', are incredibly relieved and enter examnination room just to face me!"
James laughed. "There's a point to that..."
I hummed When you were young and laid my head on his shoulder. "Does that annoy or distract you?"
Cuddly-bear lifted an eyebrow. "You are concerned if that bothers me?"
I just snuggled his shoulder with my cheek and didn't reply, so he placed a kiss on my head. "No, it doesn't annoy me. It feels...good. So - do as may best please you."
I was at one with the world and soon fell into a light slumber.

Just to be disturbed by my mobile again. I sighed and looked at the display.
"Who is it?"
"It's Cuddy...."
"Cuddy? But you told her we're on our way to Boston."
I smiled at him. "No...I didn't..."
He nearly ran a red light. "What?!"
"Watch out, hun..."
"I can't believe that...we skip work!" He brushed his eyebrows.
"Don't worry....I assigned the ducklings to tell her."
Then I answered the phone. "Cuddy?"
"House! Where are you? And where's Wilson?"
"Did no one tell you?" I replied with a counter question.
"Foreman told me you're off to the Boston registrar...."
"Well, we are."
"What the heck are you doing there?!"
"Um...what do you think we do? We'll apply for a marriage license."
"You do what??? So this was no joke? You meant business when you told that doctor you'd get married????"
James gave me a side glance 'cause he heard her yell.
I nodded.
"House?"
"Uh...I nodded...of course you couldn't see that..."
"You're not stoned, are you?"
"I'm perfectly clear. I meant business. Yes."
"Okay. Fine then. You should have told me. But...good luck!" A snicker. "And Mazl-tov to Wilson!"
We ended our conversation and James looked at me enquiringly. "Everything okay?"
I nodded. "I should tell you Mazl-tov!"
He grinned. "Is that true?"
"Mhmmmmm", I replied and just wanted to rest my head again at his shoulder when we arrived at the airport.

We fetched our things, checked in and embarked the plane. We had seats at the front and I made myself comfortable at the window.
"We will have to find a witness...", I began.
"No, I clinched that. Eric - the friend I met on Wednesday - lives there. He'll be our witness."
I stretched and smiled while buckling. "Fine...one problem less."
"We'll stay at his place tonight", James proceeded and buckled.
I looked up. "Huh?"
"We'll stay at his appartment for the night. We don't need a hotel."
"But I thought we'd just rent a room in a nice and comfortable hotel...", I kvetched.
James put his arm around my shoulder and nodded a 'Hello' to the air hostess who made sure everyone fastened his seat-belts. "You are bellyaching about the fact we won't have to pay a hotel room?" he grinned.
I let my lower lip stick out a bit and looked into his eyes.
"Ah, Greg...don't do that...It looks too cute!"
He bent over and kissed me, unaware of or insensible to the air hostess' staring.
"Mmmmmmmm", I launched out and when we parted I immediately stuck out my lower lip again.
"I'm not nagging because of that paying thingy...I'm grouching because....mnm...I thought of celebrating our decision and the first step to a future together..."
James slightly cuddled me. "But we can celebrate that, sweetie pie..." - I grinned - "...we'll have dinner at a nice restaurant, a drink or two at Eric's appartment and a nice conversation."
I raised one eyebrow. "That sounds good...But it's not what I had in mind..."
He gave me a smile which made my legs turn to jelly. "We'll see, hun...we'll see...."
"Whoosh", I said and took a deep breath. "O-kaaaay....we'll see...."

The plane took off and we were pressed into our seats. In an incredible speed the houses, streets and cars became smaller and smaller and after a while we were above the clouds. I sighed and looked out of the window.
"What's up?", James asked and again put his arm around me.
I turned to him. "I just can't believe we're doing this..."
He frowned. "Scared? Had second thoughts?"
I shook my head. "Of course not. I'm incredibly happy. And...I'm not used to this feeling..."
He looked into my eyes, smiled and then whispered into my ear "Better get used to it...I don't want to change it..."
Our kiss was disturbed by another stewardess who discreetly cleared her throat.
"Do the gentlemen wish anything to drink?"
I grinned. "Single Malt would be nice..."
James nudged my side. "No...what about coffee?"
"Mhm", I said and we ordered just coffee.
James watched me while I put sugar into my cup. "Hm?", I asked.
He smiled, shook his head and just replied nothing. I shrugged and looked out of the window again, sipping my coffee. The clouds looked like cotton candy.
James sighed and I turned my head. "Hm?" I asked again.
Just that smile, just that shaking his head. Then he closed his eyes, so I kept at watching the clouds. It's always strange when you think you'd just fall through them when they look so soft and fluffy.

The flight didn't last long and soon we disembarked at Boston Logan Airport. Of course we only had unchecked baggage and left the terminal at once.
I popped two Vicodin and looked around. "Do you spot him anywhere?" I didn't know that guy so it was of no use if I helped searching.
James craned his neck. "Yipp...over there, that tall guy with the black coat."
I grinned. "You don't mean my reflection in the mirror over there?"
"Naaah...look! Over there!"
I looked in the direction he pointed and saw Eric waving to us. He was tall, nice-looking and darkhaired.
We approached him and he very obligingly took my hand luggage. "You must be Gregory", he said with a smile and shook my hand.
I nodded. "Well spotted!"
James grinned and patted his shoulder. "Never mind, this is just his manner. I'm glad you meet him so soon."
Eric smirked. "Yepp, I didn't expect that so soon as we don't meet that often."
He secretly looked at my cane but of course I noticed. "Anything wrong?" I asked him.
"No, I just thought you'd better sit in the frontseat of my car", he prompted and we made our way to the car park.

Now we're at his appartment and will leave in about five minutes to the registrar's office. Eric booked a table at Kingfish Hall downtown, 188 South Marketplace, where we'll have dinner afterwards. Seems to be a nice place and they have their menue on the internet. I think I'll have Whole Crispy Red Snapper....

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Boston is nice ...

November 18, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Everywhere's nice as long as you are by my side.

November 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
This is wonderful!

November 20, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Thank you so much!

Bertie? Neil? a new Mr. Anonymous?

November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know I'm still here?
It's Bertie.
AND Neil, but he's still asleep.

November 20, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

I didn't know ...

And "Hey" to you! Neil is with you? Interesting ...

Say a "Hello" to him when he is awake. Long time not seen ...

November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we had a few drinks.
He's busy, you know?

November 20, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Thought so, thought so ...

But good to hear that you two are fine!

November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home