Thursday, January 11, 2007

A new case - and caught in the act

Mood:: giggly
Weather: sunny inside of me
Drinking: guess what?
Eating: chocolate covered marshmallows
Listening to: Perfect Day - Lou Reed


Would you believe me if I told you we spent a nice evening with Foreman eating homemade pizza and drinking Black Sheep?
No?
But we did.
Of course he tried his fad on me again: psychoanalysis.
He still wants to know why I am 'afraid' of Chase (I'm not!) and why I hit Allenby with my cane when he tried to ...well...tried what he did on the one hand and was paralyzed with fear by what Chase told me and tried to do after his 5th Mojito. I'm so tired of this.
I thought and thought and he was contented with nothing I could tell him. Finally it crossed my mind we had a neighbor in London (when I was a child) who looked like Chase. He was a nice guy, I think but I was all over sudden scared to death when I saw him, my mother told me. Maybe he had a nasty cur or something that scared me. Children are dumb sometimes.
Now he even tried to talk me into hypnosis. Geez! He really thinks I needed this.
I am not scared of Chase! This is downright ridiculous!
Well...he drove home after we had the pizza and I spent a distinctly nice evening with James having some Black Sheep, having..well....none of your business.

This morning there was already a new patient file waiting for me, the clover was already awake 'cause someone turned the light on at my office and coffee was ready. Cameron and Foreman greeted me and we looked through the file together.
The patient was a young woman with a rash of small, irregular red spots all over the body. She only came here for these daft spots, not because of her severe, unrelenting headache. I can't understand most patients. Maybe it was just because headaches can't be seen and the spots blemished her.
The file gave nothing more away and I told Cameron and Foreman to visit her and ask her about her condition.

Meanwhile I had a small coffebreak with James accompanied by cuddling on his couch. It was just about to become oh so pleasant when there was a knock at the door.
"Aaaw, no!", I sighed. "They are finished with the patient...Let's just pretend to be not in here."
James grinned and shook his head. "I'm sure they heard your 'Aaaaw no' already."
To confirm this we heard Foreman. "House? Wilson? May...erm...may we come in?"
I giggled. "Let's pull our trousers down and say yes!"
James slapped my head and arose. "Dumbbell!"
He rearranged his hair and answered "Yes, of course!"
Foreman peeked in and was followed by a blushing Cameron who could not take her eyes off my rumpled shirt. "We...um...talked to her..."
I nodded. "That's what I expected. I told you so, remember?"
She blushed even deeper and Foreman tried hard to conceal a grin.
"So...kids!", I smirked, "What do we have here?"
"Sudden high fever, drowsiness, severe headache, stiff neck, intolerance to bright light and sounds, twitching, convulsions...", Foreman began.
"I see....meningitis again", I said and James rolled his eyes towards the ceiling.
"Why don't you just let him continue, House?", he said, well knowing I didn't like it anymore when he called me House.
"Because it's obvious, Wilson!", I replied. "Clear as glass!"
He sighed. "Yes...but there might be something else."
"Okay, fine!", I answered and turned to Foreman again. "Chills, nausea, or vomiting?"
Foreman shrugged. "All three."
"Okay", I smiled and turned to James again. "This together with the odd spot indicates meningococcal meningitis, I'd say..."
Jim raised his hands. "I bow to thee, almighty!"
"Bow to me later", I leered and arose. "We'll have some testing to do now."
I kissed him softly and whispered into his ear "May I come in again when this is over?"
James grinned. "Come in, huh? My pleasure!"

So I left with Cameron and Foreman for my office. "Did you already start empiric antibiotics?", I asked.
"Er...we'll do now...we first wanted to tell you", Cameron said and I just nodded.
"OKay...and draw a blood culture. And examinate the CSF with a lumbar puncture...CT or MRI should be performed after the LP."
It turned out to be Neisseria meningitidis which can usually be treated with a 7-day course of IV antibiotics.

Happily (not because of Neisseria meningitidis of course!) I returned to Jim's office. As soon as I opened the door he addressed me not even looking up (it's always me who comes in without knocking) "Hey, hun, grab your coat! I'm in the mood for Starbucks now."
I obeyed and five minutes later we were on our way and I took his hand. Our fingers interlaced and some patients gave us odd sideglances but I didn't give a flying fuck. (Oh...that was vulgar...I'm sorry, folks!)
At Starbucks I ordered two Grande Caramel Macchiato and Jim bought a sandwich. He asked me about my plans for the evening and looked so cute as he held the sandwich in both hands, munching and a strand of hair in his eyes I could not help it. "Having dessert would be nice", I purred, bent forward and kissed him deeply (after checking he swallowed his food).
"Geez! Greg!", he blushed as we parted again. "We're at Starbucks!"
"So what?", I shrugged. "Was there a sign No Snogging or something?"
He shifted uncomfortably. "No...but...."
"But what? You're my husband, I love you and I wanted to kiss you", I said plainly and took a sip of my Macchiato.
Jim nodded. "Right."
He still wasn't used to showing our affection and love in public and that was so cute again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry...have to go now. To be continued!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Cute? I am cute?

January 12, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Of course you are.
Cute.
Beautiful.
Breathtaking.
Cuddly.
Sexy.
Sweeping me off my feet.
.
.
.

January 12, 2007  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Hmm...

January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home