Thursday, April 19, 2007

Such a rotten week

Mood: annoyed and cranky
Weather: sunny...but I'm annoyed
Listening to: babbling students and doctors
Drinking: very strong coffee...in order not to run amok


It's day 4 of a completely rotten week.
Rotten to the core.
I told you that Dr. Johnson and Dr. Mason complained about me, right?
Well, Cuddy's punishment followed swiftly.
I have to lecture the whole week! Lecturing day succeeds lecturing day and my crankiness grows.
My lectures on interdisciplinary diagnostic investigation start at 7 am (!!!) every fucking single morning and end at 5 pm. This is utterly exhausting, boring and annoying. My only pleasure is torturing the participants (including Foreman) and leading them a merry dance.
To worsen everything, Jim's not here until tomorrow evening. He lectures at McGill and I miss him like hell.

Missing...yes...missing was another thing - my red mug. Yesterday morning and noon it was there at the lectern. When I came back from lunch it was gone.
Imagine that!
My mug!
Gone!
I sipped my coffee out of the thermos flask then and was even more annoyed.
Well...Foreman had a suspicion though and told me about the guy sitting behind him. Some surgeon from Naples working here at PPTH since September.
"Didn't you notice he's always beaming at you?", Foreman asked me and frowned.
I shook my head. "No, my sweet little brownbear, I did not notice."
"Well, he does, my sweet little bastard!", Foreman retorted sharply and I congratulated myself for annoying him that quickly.
"And I am sure he took your mug as a souvenir. He keeps raving of your 'delicate and beautiful cheekbones' and told me he wants to ask you out for dinner tonight."
I laughed out loud. "Yeah, Foreman, for sure!"
Foreman just nodded. "Yes, for sure. I'm not kidding!"
I shrugged and waved that aside.

And guess what?
This morning, my mug was back!
Filled to the brim with heartshaped chocolates and accompanied by a bunch of flowers. Or should I call it a nosegay? Red and yellow tulips - nice, I have to admit.
But I definitely do not like the thought they're from Dr.,...Dr....I forgot his name. It's something reminding me of pasta...Something like Fusilli.
Foreman's triumphant grin almost made me sick and he was the one who had to suffer most from my crankiness today.
But he kept a stiff upper lip and took some photographs. "Because I am sure you want to remember that day", he grinned.

Here they are:


No...not my handwriting on the chalkboard.


Lecturing is fun...

Dr. Fusilli or whatever really asked me out today. And I accepted.
Hey, it's food, it's alcohol, it's the chance of humiliating a fellow doctor and it's free! I'll fill my gullet, drink several beer and then go home and look forward to tomorrow evening when Jim comes back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Eric Foreman said...

Hey, my sweet little bastard!

How was your evening with
Dr. Marco Fusselini?

April 19, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Very...interesting.
And entertaining.
At least for me!

April 20, 2007  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Very interesting indeed ... indeed - more than interesting and by the way, I miss you, too!

April 20, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Aw, honey!
You don't...
I mean..
You're not jealous because I am playing that dweeb for a sucker, no?

April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home