Friday, November 10, 2006

Cupid at work

Mood: cheerful
Weather: cloudy
Music: Silent all these years - Tori Amos


I just came home from Hemingway's and poured myself a pint of Kilkenny.
At about half past six PM I picked up Chase at his appartment.
Foreman pretended to relax on the sofa and waved a lazy goodbye.
"Have fun!", he grinned and I winked to him when we left the flat.
It was a damn challenge not to burst into laughter when I felt that pink cockring in my coat pocket (you can read this story in James' blog...), but I managed to stay serious.
"It is really nice to pick me up, House. You won't be able to drink", Chase beamed at me.
I shrugged and gave him my best smile. "De nada...You know, I've got an ill....friend at home. If he calls me because he's not feeling well I want to be able to get home as soon as I can."
Chase fumbled at his collar and cleared his throat. "Right", he said and fell silent. I gave him some side glances and tried to figure out what suddenly was wrong with him. After a while I shrugged and searched a parking lot.

As we entered the bar, Chase began "Um...what I said about Gil Grissom..."
"Hm?"
"Do you remember that?"
"No", I lied and grinned. I remembered perfectly well that he said Gil Grissom was "sweet". And when I mentioned he was too old, Chase stated he liked older men. Just to say quickly afterwards "But I don't go for men..."
Chase seemed relieved. "Okay...", he grinned. "Fine!"
We looked around for a table - it was as crowded as the last time. "Hmmm...shall we go to another place?" Chase asked and pointed to my leg.
And how will Foreman find us if we do?!
I shook my head. "Nah, I'm okay with standing for a while."
"You're sure?"
"Yeah", I nodded and made my way to a niched place near the bar.
Chase followed me and I ordered one Mojito and one soda.
"Cheers!" I grinned. "And...thanks for saving me..."
Chase blushed. "God, this was an awful situation...I'd rather forget about it."
"So do I", I sighed and we dropped the subject.

At half past seven there still was no Foreman in sight and I began to fear he'd chicken out of his promise. I tried to stay calm and we talked about B-Movies and laughed at some weirdly dressed morons who catwalked there. It is alway surprising how much fun going out with Chase can be.
He was well through his fourth Mojito when he was in this confessing mood again. I sipped my soda and noticed his stare.
"Ya know...You're really fetching..."
I shifted at the table. "You told me so the last time we've been here."
He nodded. "Yeah...Dshimm's a lucky bahstard..."
"So am I", I smiled.
He sighed. "Did Ah tell ya there's someone in our team..."
"You did", I interrupted him. "And guess who's over there?"
"Huh?"
He looked over his shoulder and grinned broadly. "Fohmahn..."
I waved and yelled over the crowd. "Fooooremaaaaaaan!"
He spotted us and pretended to be surprised. I noticed he was damn nervous as he approached us.
"I didn't know you'd meet here", he lied and I grinned.
Chase patted Foreman's shoulder. "Try that Mojito...it's great!"
He ordered two Mojitos actually - one for him and one for Chase. I still had my soda and secretly sent a text to James. "Phone me in about five minutes".
"What do you have in that bag?" I asked Foreman.
"Ah...just some strawberry-shampoo. I got it at the mall but I don't use it."
He looked at the bottle. "Robert, what about you? You use this, don't you?"
Chase nodded.
This was the moment my mobile was playing Teardrop by Massive Attack. I looked at the display. "Oh...this is James...Please excuse me for a minute."
I turned around.
"James? Are you okay?
...
Ah.
....
I see.
...
Yes, of course.
....
I'll be back home in a few minutes, dear."
Foreman and Chase watched me.
"Isn't he feeling well?"
I shrugged. "I'll better go home now. He feels dizzy and I want to be around, you know?"

Before I left I handed Chase the pink cockring without a word and off I went.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Allison Cameron said...

I have the same ringtone...should we worry about that? *g*

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

I can't believe you really gave him the ring ...

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

We shouldn't, Cameron.
Just shows your good taste.

Of course I did. And I'm sure he does not know what it is.

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

He has a sex toy catalogue at home ... he surely knows what it is!

November 11, 2006  
Blogger Julia Brooklyn said...

I'd like to know his reaction...

November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Greg,

I'm off to work now and just wanted to wave hello.
I think I like you. And I like your music.
It's strange you seem to know all my favourite songs.

"Years go by will I still be waiting
For somebody else to understand
Years go by if Im stripped of my beauty
And the orange cloud raining in my head
Years go by will I choke on my tears
Till finally there is nothing left
One more casualty
You know were too easy easy easy"

November 11, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

I think I should be getting jealous now ... strange I am not.

November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to be jealous.
He doesn't even know my name.

November 11, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Good morning, anonymous,

nice to read you.
Yes, I love that song.
Tori Amos is amazing.

November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home