Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Delirious and drugged

Mood: dizzy...and hangoverish
Weather: who cares today?
Drinking: black coffee with sugar
Eating: nothing...can't eat anything at all


Good Lord!
What a day!
Mondays are so evil.

I was really convinced I was not stoned after swallowing the first two real Vicodin of that day. I felt excellent when the pain vanished and not dizzy at all.
So I insisted to talk to that guy with that strange disorienting neurological condition but James took me out of here.

"We're going home now, hun", he said and put his arm around my waist guiding me out of PPTH.
I freed myself and walked along the curbstone. "Nooooo! Look, I'm not stoned!", I grinned.
James looked up into the sky and sighed. "No...of course not..."
"See?", I nodded and turned around heading for the entrance again. "I want to figure out what that strange dude has..."
"Gregory!", James said with emphasis and I looked at him.
"What?"
He waved with a cane and I frowned. Where did he get that?
"Your cane..."
"What cane?", I asked puzzled.
"This cane!"
I examined it. "It's not red and white..."
James lifted an eyebrow. "No. It's brown."
I was knitting my brows. "Hmmmm....but candy canes are red and white. And this one's much too large..."
With these words I turned around and ran into PPTH's lobby.

"HOUSE!", James yelled and ran after me.
I escaped and stopped in front of the reception desk - Cuddy and everyone else in the lobby who knew me staring at me.
I turned to James who had his arm around my shoulders by then and whispered "See that? They're all staring at me...this is...strange. As if I was some kind of monster..."
James sighed deeply. "They are staring at you 'cause you ran here without your cane, luv.."
Why was he calling me luv, hun and darling the whole time?
My heart was hopping in my chest because of this but I didn't quite understand it.
(My perception of time was ruined, I think. I thought he was married to his first wife Susan and wasn't aware of the fact I needed my cane.)
I frowned again. "Cane? Ah...yes..here are the candy canes..." And I pointed at the bowl on the desk.
James tried to drag me out. "Yes...there they are...", and smiled excusingly to Debbie at the reception.
"But I want one!", I insisted. "Can I have one?"
James grabbed the bowl and handed it to me. "Here you are! And now - let's go!"
I smiled and took the bowl. "Okay!" I hopped out of PPTH and James followed me watching me carefully.

On our way to his car he put his arm around my waist again. "I wish you'd take your cane..."
I grinned and sucked on a candy cane. "But shee? I do!"
We could already see his car and I wondered where mine was. "Now we're going home, darling", he said, followed by a sharp "Greg! Don't...do that in public!"
"Uh?", I asked, the candy cane still in my mouth.
"You...", he began, "you...touched my....petsl!"
I snickered. "Oooops! I didn't want to, shorryyyy!!!"
James snorted and guided me to the car.
"I don't want to go home!", I griped.
"Since when don't you want to go home?!"
I shrugged. "I'll be all alone there...I don't want to be alone now..."
James puzzled me with a very tender glance. "But you won't be alone, hun. I'll be with you."
"You will?" I asked with big round eyes.
James nodded. "And now go into the car!"
He opened the door for me and I sat down. James immediately fastened my seatbelt as if he feared I could run away once more.

On the drive home I asked him "Are you sure Susan won't be pissed if you take me home?"
He stared at me. "Um...no...she won't."
I nodded and looked out of the window.

"But that's my place!", I said when we arrived.
"Yes...I...eh...I'm taking you to your place."
I hopped up the stairs. "Oh no....Shoot! I forgot my keys at my office!"
James opened the door without a word.
"Oh...good...you took them!", I smiled and went in.
At the sofa I stumbled and was worried 'cause my leg felt odd. (Of course it did. But I wasn't aware of the fact my muscle was almost totally missing.)
"Just sit down, I'll percolate some coffee", James said and smiled at me.
I nodded and dropped on the sofa. "Coffee's in the cupboard above the sink..."

"Wilson?", I asked over my shoulder.
"Erm...Greg?", he answered.
"Will you stay here for a while?"
He smiled and nodded. "As long as you want me to."
I beamed at him and was still worried Susan could be pissed.
Oh my God, I thought, you love him...Never ever tell him anything about it.

Well....I think I cost him some nerves. And I would write more but we have to go now. PPTH is awaiting us...
I think I'll write more when I'm home again. If James doesn't.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

You were way too cute.

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Well...if you think so...
I still think it's embarassing...

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

Okay ... you were a pain in the neck.

Better?

And don't forget to mention the baptizing of the rabbit!

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

This is mean now...

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

It is mean? Aw, c'mon - it was funny. And I think the person it is named after (as he seemed to like the rabbit) - will laugh very hard about that story.

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

I meant it is mean calling me a pain in the neck now....

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

JOKE!

Haha ...

December 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

Sometimes you really puzzle me...

December 20, 2006  
Blogger Dr. James Wilson said...

I know! And I love it.

December 20, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Gregory House said...

I should have guessed that, darling.

December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home